Greg Raymer Seeks $100k Investment To Fund 2014 Poker Campaign

The 2004 WSOP Champion, Greg “Fossilman” Raymer, has announced he is seeking to raise at least $100,000 from investors in the poker community to fund his projected tournament and cash poker expenditure for the whole of 2014.

The 49 year-old patent attorney turned poker pro has offered to sell shares in himself at $1,000 a share, and has already bought 20% of himself. In return, investors can expect to earn 60% of any profits Raymer earns above $100k at the end of 2014, with the remaining 40% of profit going to Raymer, in addition to the shares he has already purchased on himself.

Furthermore, Greg “Fossilman” Raymer has stated that no travel, lodging or other expenses will be deducted from the bankroll, and that “investors will be able to participate in tournaments and cash games played around the country at no extra expense above the buy-in.”

Throughout his poker career, Greg Raymer has won an impressive $7,422,988, of which $5 million was earned after taking down the 2004 WSOP Main Event. 2012 also turned out to be a defining year for Raymer, having earned $374,101 from live tournaments, and picking up 4 Heartland Poker Tour titles along the way.

Nevertheless, tournament poker results are notoriously sporadic and “Fossilman” has had to  endure some sparse years, with last year’s winnings of $31,864 his lowest tally since 2003 ($5,178). This provides a key clue as to why he is currently seeking to reduce his expenditure and risk, as Greg Raymer no longer has the luxury of being sponsored by PokerStars, after being released back in 2011. As Raymer, explains:

“Since I no longer receive a guaranteed source of income, my wife (see photo) has become more and more nervous about me playing poker. Although I have a 21 year track record of winning..she is worried I will start losing. Without a paycheck to immediately recoup any losses, she gets anxious. To make her happy, I have chosen to sell of a big piece of my bankroll so that the downside risk is a lot more limited.”

Raymer has instructed that any investors interested in backing him should contact him through his Two Plus Two forum thread.

Poker News
2017 WSOPE Champ Martí Roca Signs with 888poker Spain
27 May 2018
As Europe’s shared online poker liquidity gathers momentum across national borders, major operators have been looking to recruit ambassadors to help promote their brands on the continent and around the world. One of the companies hoping to make inroads into the Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and French markets is 888Poker, which has now signed the 2017
09 Apr 2018
Ahead of its ICO (initial coin offering) next month, Ethereum-based online poker room Cryptonia Poker has announced that Scotty Nguyen has been made the site’s official brand ambassador. It speaks highly of Cryptonia Poker that the legendary poker pro has agreed to promote the site, which aims to brings together the excitement of playing poker
15 Mar 2018
US pro Bryn Kenney has just signed a sponsorship deal with online poker site GGpoker, which runs on an Asian poker network called GGNetwork, but also offers its product in Canada, Europe, and South America. According to PokerScout, the GGNetwork is currently the 8th biggest network in the world with a 7-day average of 1,050
07 Mar 2018
At a time when poker sponsorship deals are harder to come by than ever, especially for US players, one pro whose contract remains secure, even after 15 years of being sponsored by PokerStars, is that of the 2003 WSOP Main Event winner Chris Moneymaker. That year, the former accountant helped spark the “poker boom” after