Poker Bandit Who Stole $480 Gets 10 Years

A 21 year-old Tiffin, Ohio man who confessed to robbing a poker game of $480 at gunpoint has received a 10 year prison sentence.
Judge Steve Shuff passed down the sentence on Christopher M. Ferstler, after he pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary, robbery and kidnapping on August 24th, 2010 at 35 Fairfield Ave.
Al Elchert was hosting the regular poker game in his basement when the armed robbery took place, and later commenting on the 10 year sentence handed out said:
“I think he deserved it. Scared the guys quite a bit. He had the shotgun on us, and he admitted in court he had the shotgun.”
Al Elchert said he had been holding poker games for around 50 years and never even had to lock the doors in the past until the terrifying incident took place in August, 2010.
During the fateful poker game two masked men holding a shotgun and a pistol, burst into Elchert’s home and threw a sack onto the poker table before then demanding that the ten men present fill it with cash. As Elchert then explains:
“Six of us threw money in the sack. They didn’t wait for the other four. They went running out of here through the back alley and dropped $125.”
Eventually, Christopher Ferstler was arrested on November 3rd by the Tiffin Police, along with accomplice Xavior Purnell, 24. Despite facing the same charges as Ferstler, Purnell has yet to plead guilty and his trial is set for March 14th.
Commenting on Xavior Purnell’s part in the whole incident, Al Elchert said:
“He was here three times that day. He won the first time, lost the second time, said, “I’ll be back,” then the third time he was in a mask.”
In the meantime, Christopher M. Ferstler was ordered to repay the $480 stolen from the robbery victims, while Al Elchert said he will continue playing poker, but at someone else’s house for now.

Other news:   WSOP Circuit schedule released

Poker News
01 May 2018
Last Tuesday, US-facing poker site Americas Cardroom (ACR) was targeted by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack which crippled the site’s traffic, ultimately leading to a cancellation of the tournaments it was running at the time. After working to resolve the issue, another cyber attack was then launched against ACR on Sunday, meaning that
29 Mar 2018
Last week, Francisco Vallejo Pons, a Spanish chess Grandmaster, pulled out of the European Individual Championship in Batumi, Georgia having made it through to the competition’s fifth round. Vallejo had previously won the event in 2013, and was this year’s fourth placed seed, with the tournament acting as an important qualifier for the 2019 Chess
21 Mar 2018
Earlier this week, Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security (MoPS), headed by General Tran Dai Quang (photo), decided to clarify details about its crackdown on illegal online gambling and money laundering in the country. The move was apparently made because of what was described as “inaccurate reports” circulating about its operation in the northern province of
06 Mar 2018
The Crown Casino in Melbourne is facing disciplinary action that could lead to the suspension of its gaming license following evidence tabled by MP Andrew Wilkie in the federal parliament related to illicit practices in Australia’s slot machine market. As a spokeswoman for the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) stated on March