NJ Online Gambling Revenues Soar 22.8% In December

NJ Online Gambling Revenues Soar 22.8% In DecemberAfter plunging to a new low of just $8.74 million in November, New Jersey’s online gambling market bounced back 22.8% in December with $10.7 million in revenues. Settling into its now familiar pattern, online casinos produced the bulk of revenues worth $8.68 million, a 26.5% improvement compared to November, while online poker accounted for $2.06 million, also up by  10.1% from the $1.87 million generated during the previous month.
Overall, the Garden State’s two main online poker licensees, namely Borgata and Caesars (WSOP.com, 888poker), accounted for 53.9% and 46.1% respectively of the iPoker market in December, with Party Borgata reporting an 11.3% increase in revenues, and WSOP.com and 888poker a 7.79% improvement.
Looking ahead, analysts are predicting further growth in the market for January, as the player sharing deal agreed between WSOP.com and 888Poker gains traction. The WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open Championship set to coincide with the online poker series known as the Garden State Super Series is also expected to boost online traffic further this month.
While New Jersey’s online gambling revenues compared favorably over November’s results, a yearly comparison is more revealing, with online casino games better by 63.6% over December 2013, while online poker was lower by 29% using the same comparison point. The figures show the elevated importance of online casinos compared to poker, and as a recent report by the state’s Casino Control Commission, explains:
“At the launch of Internet gaming in New Jersey, there was a perception that online poker would predominate over slots and other online games. This prediction has not been correct. From inception through November 30, 2014, poker accounts for only 25% of New Jersey’s Internet revenue while the remaining 75% consists of other authorized casino games.”
When brick-and-mortar casinos are included, NJ gambling industry was 11.2% lower at $190.5 million in December, and overall revenues in 2014 totalled $2.74 billion in 2014, almost half the $5.2 billion in revenues reported in 2006 during the peak of New Jersey’s casino industry.

Other news:   Win you way to the 2023 Master Classics of Poker at bet365

Poker News
UK's Poker Sector Just 5% of Online Gambling Market
27 Oct 2020
A major outage by GeoComply last Thursday left several online poker players with nowhere to play. GeoComply is a geolocation surface used by most online poker sites in the US. It determines where players are physically located which online poker sites need to know so ensure only legal players are using their sites. When GeoComply
New Jersey iPoker Down 2.8% to $1.91m in October
07 Jul 2020
Atlantic City Casinos may have just reopened following their lengthy COVID-19 imposed, but a new bill filed in New Jersey last week could see their monopoly on live poker come to an end. Republican Assemblyman Ronald Dancer filed A4365 last week that, if made law, would allow New Jersey horse racing tracks to open poker
NJ All Time Revenue Record
15 May 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be a boom for the New Jersey online poker industry, as they reported record revenues for the month of April. April revenues were expected to be massive following a record-setting month in March. Before the pandemic shuttered casinos and poker rooms in Atlantic City and drove all poker players inside,
new jersey lawsuit
16 Apr 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic that shuttered brick and mortar casinos has been a boom in revenues for New Jersey online poker and other forms of state gambling. The New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement released the March revenue numbers earlier this week and online poker revenues set new records. The online poker revenues in New Jersey