Hustler With "Guaranteed Gambling System" Back Behind Bars

A Las Vegas con man wanted on a $500,000 warrant is back behind bars after being nabbed by police while at the Hard Rock Casino. Mark Georgantas, 53, stands accused of theft and securities-fraud charges dating back between July 2013 and March 2014, when he apparently conned two victims out of a combined $350,000 after persuading them he had a guaranteed system that would beat most types of casino games, including roulette, blackjack, craps, and baccarat.
Commenting on the case, Nevada Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt said: “My office is committed to ensuring that Nevadans are protected from unscrupulous investment schemes. I encourage Nevadans to be skeptical of investment offers that claim to guarantee profits, and to report any suspicious activity to my Office.”
Mark Georgantas had the warrant on him for three months before police finally caught up with him, and he is now due to appear before the Eighth Judicial District Court on April 4th. Now that he has been apprehended, all authorities need do now is ensure he remains locked-up, which is easier said than done.
In 2003, the alleged con man was serving a one-year sentence at a minimum-security jail called the James A. Musick Facility when together with a fellow inmate he escaped through the building’s storm drain. Georgantas even used his charms to persuade a female friend to pick him up, although he was arrested in her car a few hours later.
Then, in 2009, Georgantas was nearing the end of a fresh fraud trial at the Santa Ana courthouse when he persuaded a bailiff to let him use the restroom. He then used the opportunity to escape, and was subsequently convicted in his absence. Georgantas was arrested around one week later, and on January 29th, 2010, was sentenced to three years and eight months behind bars, but was released several more months later due to time served.
The latest incident involving Georgantas took place between July 2013 and March 2014, and Georgantas seems adamant that he has done nothing wrong. As he explained recently:
“Based on the damage this has done to me personally and the severity of the consequences I am being very thorough in preparing a solid response upfront to the AG in advance of this case moving forward.”

Other news:   Partypoker Awarded EGR Poker Operator of the Year Title

Poker News
08 May 2018
Best selling author Maria Konnikova, famous for such books as How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes (2013) and The Confidence Game (2016), decided to turn her psychology and writing skills towards the subject of poker in early 2017. At the time, though, the Harvard University educated Ph.D. in psychology admitted to not even knowing how
01 May 2018
Last Tuesday, US-facing poker site Americas Cardroom (ACR) was targeted by a distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack which crippled the site’s traffic, ultimately leading to a cancellation of the tournaments it was running at the time. After working to resolve the issue, another cyber attack was then launched against ACR on Sunday, meaning that
10 Apr 2018
Here is a round-up of some of the latest poker news to make the headlines over the past few days, including a poker pro scamming travelers out of money, a controversial late half-price offer being made for the HPT Main Event at the Westgate Las Vegas, and Doug Polk finally being blocked from accessing Daniel
29 Mar 2018
Last week, Francisco Vallejo Pons, a Spanish chess Grandmaster, pulled out of the European Individual Championship in Batumi, Georgia having made it through to the competition’s fifth round. Vallejo had previously won the event in 2013, and was this year’s fourth placed seed, with the tournament acting as an important qualifier for the 2019 Chess