888 Poker Acquires All American Poker Network

888 poker

888 Poker scooped up the remaining interest in the All American Poker Network earlier this week, becoming the sole owner of the network.

888 Poker already owned a 47 per cent of the All American Poker Network and acquired the remaining 53 per cent from its joint venture partner Avenue Capital for $28 million. Under the signed deal 888 Poker will pay $10 million to Avenue Capital upfront, and another $18 million by the end of March 2019.

This is “an important strategic step towards 888 achieving its exciting long-term potential in the US,” said Itai Frieberger, CEO of 888 Holdings. “Taking outright ownership of AAPN gives 888 additional operational, technological and commercial flexibility to develop innovative and exciting new partnerships and launch in new states, through both B2B and B2C channels, as and when future regulation allow.”

When Was All American Network Created?

The All American Poker Network was created in 2014 as a joint venture between 888 Poker and Avenue Capital, with the goal of building an online poker platform in every state in which online poker became regulated and legal.

The spread of online poker hasn’t happen as quickly as expected with only four states currently allowing regulated online poker.

Pennsylvania became the fourth last year joining Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware. No online poker portals have launched in Pennsylvania yet, but it is expected to happen sometime in 2019.

With Pennsylvania still awaiting launch, 888 Poker is currently the only operator setup for online poker in the other three regulated states – Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware. 888 Poker has a state-wide monopoly on online poker in Delaware where they provide online poker software to the three racetracks that run the available online pokers sites.

Other news:   Number of Soccer Clubs Sponsored by Betting Firms on the Rise

888 Poker also has a shared liquidity player pool between the three states that allows them to share players. When Pennsylvania does officially launch expect 888 Poker to quickly add them to the liquidity sharing as soon as possible.

888 Poker already has a partnership in Pennsylvania with the Mount Airy Casino and is expected to go live sometime in early 2019.

Poker News
888 Poker After Dark
08 May 2019
888poker LIVE returns later this month and their latest stop is Spain. 888poker LIVE Barcelona runs at the Casino Barcelona from May 22 to June 3. The full schedule for their stop in Barcelona includes 13 events with buy-ins ranging from €150 to €2,200. In American dollars that converts to approximately $167 and $2460. The
888 Holdings Records Major Profit Increase Despite UK Market
22 Mar 2019
888 Holdings is changing their poker platform in an effort to better meet their customers needs. 888 announced this week a new poker client will be rolled out across all of their territories, dubbed Poker 8. The new poker platform will be rolled out to desktop users at first, with 888 announcing platform changes will
888 poker
18 Mar 2019
888 Poker will be a hotbed for tournament poker action throughout April, as the annual XL Blizzard Series returns on April 4. The series runs from April 4-14 with 34 events on the schedule and $1.7 million in guaranteed prize pools. The XL Blizzard Series has tournament for every kind of poker player with buy-ins
Parx Casino
04 Mar 2019
Two important pieces of news for online poker fans came out earlier this week; one from Pennsylvania and one from the Department of Justice. Let’s start in Pennsylvania where the long wait for online poker and online casino games to go live painfully continues. It’s been 16 months since the Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf signed