Palm Beach Kennel Club reopening FridayMay 21, 2020 11:53 pm
You can add another poker room to the list of gambling dens that are set to reopen amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Palm Beach Kennel club in California announced this week it will reopen its doors on Friday, May 22. The club, which plays host to racing, table games, restaurants and of course a 64-table poker room, has been closed since March 14.
The doors of the club may be reopening but it will be far from business as usual right away. Starting Friday, the poker room will open at 9:30 a.m. while the rest of the club, including the race and restaurants will open at 11:00 a.m.
Live racing will take place daily at 1:00 p.m. and in the evenings on Friday and Saturday.
Upon arrival all guests must enter a visitor screening zone. There they will have their temperature checked and must sign a waiver to gain entrance to the club. Before entering all guests will also be required to wear a face mask or face covering. The Kennel club will operate at 50 percent capacity to adhere to current CDC guidelines.
The Kennel Club also released several new procedures that must be followed in the poker room. These included:
- The number of players at each table will be set by management
- There will be no designated waiting area for the poker room. Players will be seated upon arrival and games will commence once enough players are seated at the table
- Table transfers will not be allowed. The table you are seated at will be your table for the day.
- Dealers will not rotate tables and will be assigned to one table for the day.
- Chips will be isolated to a specific table. Once chips are introduced to a game, they can only exit the table through drop boxes, dealer tip boxes, or by being cashed out at the cashier.
- Once chips are removed from a table they will not be recirculated until properly sanitized
- All tables will use paper cards which will be discarded and changed regularly.
- Eating food is prohibited at all tables.
- Hand sanitizer will replace the dealer button at the table. Player will be encouraged to use the sanitizer when they are on the button.
- All players will be required to sanitize their hands upon arriving at and leaving a table.