Casino Slot Winner Told To Give Friend Half Of £2 Million Jackpot

Following a court case reported on earlier this year, a French court has reached a decision on two former friends who won a casino’s £2 million slot jackpot, but fell out as to how the money would be divided.
Marie-Helene Jarguel used to enjoy playing the casino’s slots and would put up the gambling money, but she would often bring friend Francis Sune along, as a lucky mascot who would also help her operate the machine. In March, the lucky players hit a casino’s £2 million “Megapot” jackpot in a Palavas-les-Flots casino, near Montpellier, after Marie-Hélène Jarguel put £45 in the machine, and Mr Sune pushed the buttons for the thirteenth time.
As per casino rules, only one person could leave with the cheque, and as Miss Jarguel walked away with the money, she allegedly promised to give Mr SUne a cut of the winnings which she failed to honour. The Montpellier judge has now ruled that Miss Jarguel should keep 80 per cent of the total while Mr Sune keeps the remaining 20 per cent.
Miss Jarguel’s lawyer argued, during the case, that, “The person who took the risk of losing their bet was Miss Jarguel … It’s a bit like a secretary who typed up the manuscript of a bestselling writer asking for royalties.” 
However, Mr Sune maintained that, “on the Monday she phoned to tell me she’d give me something, but on the Friday she no longer knew me. I was her four-leaf clover, now she’s treating me like a sheep to be fleeced.”
Tuesday’s ruling was based on a legal term known as an “association of gamblers,” implying it was a team effort and as such, each party was entitled to a share of the profits. Following the judge’s decision, Mr Sune said he was happy with the verdict but was saddened that they could not have sorted out the problem between themselves.
“We could have obtained the same result much quicker without going to court if she had chosen to give me a share of the winnings,” he said.

Poker News
Online Poker Cheats Able To See Opponent's Cards Using Netbot Attacker
10 Oct 2019
Poker social media and news sites has been a buzz all week with reports of high-profile cheating by poker pro Mike Postle on the Stones Gambling Hall live streamed game, Stone Live. The accusations were taken up a notch yesterday after a lawsuit was filed against Postle and a list co-conspirators. The lawsuit was filed
Japan Introduces Responsible Gambling Bill
28 May 2018
Japan’s bicameral legislature, known as The National Diet, consists of an upper House of Councillors and a lower House of Representatives, with the latter having started discussing the Integrated Resorts Implementation Bill last week. Being debated is the regulatory framework required in order to set up an efficient and well functioning casino market in the
UK Bookmakers Decry FOBTs Maximum Stake Reduction to £2
18 May 2018
Following a year of deliberation, the UK government has announced its decision to slash the maximum stake that gamblers can wager on fixed-odds betting terminals (FOBTs) from £100 to just £2. Needless to say, this has has been greeted with consternation by many of the country’s gambling operators who have increasingly relied upon income from
Ohio Casino Revenue Up 1% to $71.8m in April
17 May 2018
The Ohio Casino Control Commission has released its gambling results for April, with the state’s four casinos collecting $71.8 million last month, up by almost 1% compared to the prior year. Meanwhile, the Buckeye State’s seven racinos fared considerably better, with their revenue rising by 8% to $89.7 million from their slots and video gaming