Full Guide to Play Online Poker with Visa
In this guide to Visa poker rooms, I’ll cover the various payment options Visa users have. Because Visa has partnerships with so many payment processors (Skrill, Neteller, PayPal), this article won’t be comprehensive. We plan on discussing those pay options on their own pages. For now, we’ll discuss Visa credit, debit, gift cards, and prepaid cards that are funded by local banks and financial institutions.
Visa Credit Card Deposits
Many poker players prefer to make Visa credit card deposits, because these payments help a cardholder accumulate rewards points. Along the welcome bonuses poker sites offer new players, it’s a smart way for a poker player to affect the bottom line on their poker winnings, because they get cashback and other incentives to make poker deposits. Visa Credit is a deposit option at the vast bulk of online card rooms.
Visa credit card withdrawals depend on the laws in your country of residence. Because Visa is a network of 20,000+ financial institutions worldwide, even within a jurisdiction there is some variance in whether credit cards are accepted or declined. Gambling payments have a code and it depends whether the bank which issued your card approves of gambling payments.
Visa Debit Card Deposits
Visa Debit and Visa Electron are popular in the online poker industry. Sites like debit card payments, because they don’t have to deal with credit card companies voiding a payment later. Most online poker rooms accept Visa Debit and Visa Electron payments. Debit card withdrawals are rarer, though they have become accepted in more countries worldwide in the past few years. Expect to be able to use your Visa debit card for deposits, but not withdrawals.
Visa Prepaid Cards
Visa Prepaid Cards are another way to make a poker deposit. Players can buy Visa Prepaid Cards in a variety of retail chains, including CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and Target. These are debit cards that can be refilled but are not linked to your bank account. Visa Prepaid Cards add a layer of anonymity to your poker payments and sometimes have rewards programs. While the rewards aren’t likely to be as advantageous as a Visa Credit card’s rewards, they still help defray the costs of poker losses.
Visa Gift Cards
A few Visa USA poker sites have special promotions to encourage the use of gift card payments for poker deposits. While you won’t find gift cards as an advertised online deposit method on Internet poker sites, often prepaid cards and gift cards are accepted anywhere where Visa credit is accepted. Visa Gift Cards hold a special place in certain jurisdictions. US-friendly poker sites like Bovada and Ignition Poker offer Visa and MasterCard gift card payments, due to the privacy and safety gift cards offer a player. Once again, Visa gift cards do no work for withdrawals.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Deposit with Visa
Now that we’ve discussed the various ways you can make a deposit with Visa cards, let’s discuss how to make a Visa deposit. Visa credit payments are instant and seldom incur fees at a card site. Operators trust Visa, so they don’t want prohibitive costs associated with the payment method. Different online poker sites have different procedures for making a Visa deposit, so I’ll try to describe the most common steps to making a poker deposit. Your chosen online cardroom might have a different step-by-step guide.
- Poker Site Homepage: First, go to an online poker site’s homepage. Click on prompts like “Sign Up”, “Deposit”, or “Start Playing” if you see it on the homepage. If you don’t see a prompt, click on the links on the top right of the page.
- Create an Account: Register an account at the Visa accepted poker site. This usually requires filling in 2 to 3 pages of personal information. Signing up sometimes triggers a no-deposit bonus, so accept the no-obligation, risk-free bonus if you want.
- Cashier Page: Once you’re signed in, navigate to the Cashier Page or Dashboard by clicking on “Make a Deposit”. This should take you to a page which lists the various deposit methods and bonus offers.
- Choose Visa Deposits: From among the list of deposit methods, pick Visa. You might have several options (Visa Credit, Visa Debit, etc.). Use the dollar denominations to pick the deposit size you want. Click “I Accept” and “Make Deposit” again to assure payment. Accept any welcome bonuses offered, which sometimes require bonus codes. You’ve now funded your poker account.
- Visa Withdrawals: To make further deposits, simply follow the steps above. Once you have poker winnings, you’ll want to make a Visa withdrawal. Go to the Cashier Page or Dashboard to make a withdrawal. Follow the instructions and you’ll be able to cash out in a couple of minutes. Visa withdrawals take longer to process and sometimes have a transaction fee. Sometimes, Visa payouts are not possible, so you’ll need to choose another withdrawal method.
Finally, Let’s Talk About Mobile Devices
Players who prefer mobile poker apps should consider Visa as a payment option. The reason I suggest that is the many payment apps and personal finance tools a major credit card network like Visa has available for Android and IOS device users.
Whether you play using an Android smartphone or tablet computer, iPhone, or iPad, a credit card network like Visa provides downloadable applications that make payments easy, intuitive, and safe while you play poker on the go.
If you want to play poker online, you’ll find no better payment option that Visa. With the many different payment methods, rewards programs, and mobile apps available to Visa cardholders, the sheer flexibility of Visa makes it a top choice for poker sites.