POLI Betting Sites
Due to the Interactive Gaming Amendment 2016 (IGA 2016) passed in August 2017, most of the top Australian online poker sites left the Aussie gaming market in September 2017. That makes POLI poker deposits for online cardrooms more complicated. Most UK and continental European online poker sites continue to accept POLI deposits, because New Zealand continues to allow offshore online poker sites to sign up New Zealand-based poker players.
Many online bookmaker sites continue to accept real money play from Australians. Those sites support POLI Payments, though most of those sportsbooks only accept deposits using POLI. While it depositing funds is not problematic, payment processors in gaming markets with punitive laws sometimes are hesitant to process withdrawals, because it means transferring funds that were wagered.
POLI sports bettors can make deposits using the online payment system on top bookmaker sites like Sportsbet.com.au, Crownbet, Ladbrokes.com.au, Betfair Sportsbook & Racebook, William Hill Sportsbook & Racebook, Bet365 Sportsbook & Racebook, Sportingbet Mobile, Pinnacle, BetCRIS, Bwin Sportsbook & Racebook, Sportingbet UK, Gamebookers, Sportingbet South Africa, SBOBet, Top Sport, and Bet365 Mobile Sports.
Esports sites like Karama, Unikrn, and Loot Bet accept Poli Payments, while lottery sites like Lottoland Australia and The Lotter accept Poli deposits. Betfair Arcade and other skill games sites accept Poli Payments, too.
POLI: Australian Banks
Aussie punters might be wondering which Australian banks support POLI Payments. If you have a bank account with any of the following Australian financial institutions, you can use your POLI card to make online payments.
- Bank of Melbourne
- ME Bank
- Newcastle Permanent
- Commonwealth Bank
- Bendigo Bank
- George Bank
- ME Bank
POLI: New Zealand Banks
Kiwi poker players also might be wondering which New Zealand banks support POLI Payments. The following 7 major New Zealand banks provide support for POLI deposits at poker sites and payments at online merchants.
- Bank of New Zealand
- TSB Bank
How to Use Poli for Online Poker
The main reason Australian and New Zealand poker players use POLI Payments is to avoid using a credit card to make a poker deposit. If you want to make a deposit from your bank account in a faster and safer way, then Poli deposits might be the payment method for you. Here is a step-by-step guide to paying with POLI.
- Register for Online Poker: Go to one of the online gaming sites listed above and open an account. The registration process usually takes 2 to 3 pop-up pages of basic information. Sign in to your account once you’ve registered.
- Make a Deposit: Go to the Dashboard or Cashier Page to make a deposit using POLI. To navigate to the cashier page, click on “Account” in the top right of most online poker sites. Choose POLI as a payment method.
- Accept Poker Bonus: In most cases, POLI fills in your key information, though you’ll have to provide POLI Payment details on the first deposit. Accept any bonuses offered. These are house money for promotional purposes, though poker bonuses are activated as you play for real money.
- Play Online Poker: Pick from a large list of poker tournaments and cash games. Punters have their choice of games: Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Seven-Card Stud, and 7 Card-Stud Hi/Lo. A wild array of bet limits and game rules exist, including sit-n-go events and big guaranteed poker events.
- Cash Out: For most online poker players in Australia, you might have to use a different payout method than POLI. Aussies face complications due to 2017 anti-online poker laws, so some favorite sites might not support POLI Payments at all. New Zealand players should be able to make deposits and withdrawals with POLI.
POLI Payments is a great way for poker players in Australia and New Zealand to fund their online cardroom account. Due to the handiwork of Australian national lawmakers, POLI might not be available on your favorite poker sites — or those poker sites might not be available at all. If you find a POLI poker site, payment with this method allows you to avoid giving banking information or credit card details while making a poker deposit.