How to Sign Up for Paypal
- Go to paypal.com
- Click the Sign-Up button in the upper right-hand corner
- Choose Personal Account and click Next
- Enter your name, desired username, and password and click Next
- Enter your Street Address and Cell Phone information and select that you agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- Click on Agree and Create Account
Now that you have setup your account, you can now receive funds to your account. If you have a friend that already has a PayPal account, you can have them send you money via PayPal by merely using your email address.
Once they have sent you money, PayPal will notify you automatically that you have funds available. You can then use this balance to make payments or make a deposit on an online poker site.
However, to make deposits without an account balance, you must link your debit card, credit card, or bank account.
For credit cards, you can link a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Here’s how you can link an account to your PayPal:
- From your PayPal summary page, click on the Wallet link at the top.
- Click the “Link a card or bank” link on the page that loads.
- On the next screen, click either “Link a debit or credit card” or “Link a bank account.”
- Enter the information for the account you’ve selected and click on Link Card.
Your account is now linked! You now can make payments with PayPal using your linked account.
Making a Deposit Using PayPal
Once you have setup your PayPal account, it is time to make your deposit at an online poker site. The process is straightforward and can be completed using the following steps.
- If you have not already done so, sign up for an account at your preferred PayPal poker site and log in.
- Select the Cashier option and click on the link for Deposit.
- Under deposit options, select PayPal.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and click next. Note that some poker sites may redirect you to PayPal first. If so, skip to Step 5.
- The poker site will likely redirect you to PayPal. Log in to your PayPal account to access the checkout window for this purchase.
- If the amount you wish to deposit is not entered, do so here. Make sure you deposit enough to cover any requirements for welcome or deposit bonuses.
- Select which funding method you wish to use. If you do not have a PayPal balance already, you will not be able to choose anything other than your linked account.
- Click the submit payment button to finalize your transaction with PayPal.
- You will likely be redirected back to the online poker site to finish the transaction. If so, click on the submit button to finalize the purchase. Some places may complete the transaction after you finish at PayPal.
That’s it! Since this is an electronic funds transfer, your deposit will be available immediately upon submission.
Cashing Out Using PayPal
After a while, you will want to cash out your winnings, and you can quickly do so back to PayPal.
Step-by-step instructions on how to request a withdrawal to your PayPal account:
- Log in to your online poker account.
- Select Cashier.
- Select Withdrawal.
- Select PayPal.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw to Paypal.
- Some sites may not retain your PayPal information. If that’s the case, you will have to enter the email address used for your PayPal account.
- Click submit to begin processing.
That’s it! Most sites manually process PayPal payments, so you will likely have to wait 24 to 48 hours for processing. Afterward, the amount will be sent immediately. Once the payment is made, you’ll receive an email notification.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use PayPal From My Mobile?
Absolutely. PayPal has dedicated apps for both iOS and Android devices. Also, you can always log in to the PayPal website from any mobile web browser.
You can also access your account via text message. You can check your balance, send and receive money and more without the need for a mobile app.
Does PayPal charge any fees for sending or receiving money?
There are never any fees to send with PayPal provided that you’re sending in your country’s currency. If you send funds in another currency, there is typically a fixed fee.
When you cash out, you will be charged a fee. Typically, this fee is 4.4% of the amount received plus a fixed fee for the currency received. For example, if you receive $100 in USD, you will a $4.40 fee + a .30 currency fee.
A full breakdown of fees is available on the PayPal website.
What limits are there on PayPal deposits?
There are few limits to Verified PayPal accounts. Verified accounts can send up to $10,000 per individual transaction. Most online poker sites will cap deposits well below this, typically $5,000.
Once you link an account to your PayPal, you will become Verified. Note that if you don’t verify your account, you will only be able to cash out $500 per month from your PayPal account.
Am I Required to Link an Account to Use PayPal?
No. You do not have to link an account to use PayPal. If someone sends you money via PayPal, you can use those funds to make purchases or deposits.
Can I Link a Prepaid Card to PayPal?
Yes! If you have a prepaid card with any of the credit card companies that PayPal accepts, you can link a prepaid card. Many people choose this option for added security.
I hear PayPal has a debit card. Is that true?
It is! PayPal offers a Debit MasterCard that can be used to access funds from your account. Use it to make purchases, withdraw money at ATMs and use it anywhere that MasterCard is accepted. There are no additional fees to use the card.
How do I know my funds and account information is safe?
PayPal uses a high level of data encryption on all transactions to prevent hackers from accessing your information. Also, many purchases are covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.
In addition, PayPal provides fraud protection in the event your account information is ever compromised. For those holding a PayPal debit card, you have the same protections that you would with a standard debit or credit card.
Are there any US sites accepting PayPal?
Presently, the only online poker sites in the United States that accept PayPal payments are those in regulated states. Regulated online poker sites in New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada accept PayPal. Once Pennsylvania sites go online, they will likely accept PayPal as well.